Hello LBCA Community,
On behalf of the LBCA Board of Directors and Staff I want to thank you for doing your part to flatten the curve. The past weeks and months have brought many challenges and yet, together, we have found a path through this crisis. I am happy to share that the province of Alberta has included Recreation Facilities and Community Associations in Phase 2, therefore the LBCA will be open June 29th!
What you can expect when you visit the LBCA?
Your health and safety, and that of our employees is our highest priority. As we slowly start to open our doors, every decision we make will be with this in mind. We will continue to look to local health authorities for guidance as we navigate the coming weeks and months and will do everything, we can to ensure you feel safe when you visit us again.
Building upon the cleaning and sanitation procedures already in place we will be practicing and implementing the following safety measures. This is by no means an exhaustive list but includes the following:
• Masks will be worn by employees when physical distancing is not possible
• Employees will follow strict hygiene protocol
• Any employee that presents signs of illness will not enter the building
• Sanitizing/disinfecting training has been implemented for all employees
• Hand sanitizer will be provided to all guests at all entries and throughout the facility
• All surfaces within the facility will be sanitized thoroughly between each user group
• All guests will be asked to maintain physical distancing (6 feet apart)
• Sneeze guard shield at the administration desk
• One-way floor markers
• Floor markers for customer service patrons
• Posted room/area capacities to maintain physical distancing
• Removal of lobby seating
What is happening at the LBCA?
• Drop-in basketball, pickleball, roller skating, open gym and more are being scheduled for July and August.
• Summer camp options-details coming soon!
Stay up to date by checking our website regularly and following us on Facebook and Instagram
What is required of me to use the facility?
• If you are participant or spectator, we require that you follow the health and safety measures of good hand hygiene, physical distancing of 2 meters and following on-site facility guidelines
• Please do not enter the facility if you have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days or are presenting any signs of illness
• Come to the facility for your specific program/facility time only. Please do not linger in the facility longer than necessary. This will help us keep the amount of people in the facility to a minimum.
• If you are a facility renter/user group, we require that you submit your club plan to abide by Provincial Health Orders within your group. Prior to your first rental time, please submit to Andrea Waara at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The facility will re-open on Monday, June 29th
• Wee Wonder Preschool and Out of School Care will resume operations July 2nd. Please contact 403-532-0868 for more information
• The LBCA Gymnasium, Multi-Purpose Room, Dry Pad and Fitness Studio are all open for bookings starting Monday, June 29th.
• The Large Arena will be open for bookings starting July 15th
• The Small Arena will be open for bookings starting August 17th
*If you had previously requested bookings, the facility coordinator, Tammy Langdon, will be connecting with you to confirm your requests asap. If you have questions, please contact Tammy at email@example.com
We know that experiences in our facility are going to look and feel different than we are used to, but our commitment to providing a safe, inclusive space for the community is stronger than ever. We are so excited to welcome you back and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Andrea Waara, General Manager